Workshops for new businesses:
|Name:||Get started workshop|
|Where:||Business & IP Centre
The British Library
96 Euston Road
Show map How to get to the Library
|When:||, 10.00 - 17.00|
|Price:||Admission: Free entry|
|Enquiries:||+44 (0)20 7412 7901
Get the knowledge and information you need to successfully launch a business
In this full day workshop we will cover the essentials of what you need to do to set up and launch a business. It will cover:
- A self-assessment of whether you are ready to launch a business or not
- Finding the facts - answering some of the typical questions that arise when starting in business
- Must-know marketing – find out how marketing to the right customers and in the right marketplace can ensure your success
- Financing a new business – start-up funding options you can consider
- Figuring out the financials – we’ll help you demystify business finances and we’ll explain some important accounting terms
- Bringing it all together – we will help you get your business plan started
After attending this workshop you will be able to:
- Identify effective market research techniques
- Identify and quantify the market opportunity
- Develop competitive service/product offers
- Develop a successful marketing strategy
- Generate sales, break-even and profit and loss forecasting techniques.
- Produce a clear business plan
- Understand how to raise finance from banks, investors or other sources of funding
- Know where else to go in order to gain additional support and advice
This workshop is run by Centa Business Services, a long standing social enterprise and registered Enterprise Agency providing business support in central London. This event is fully-funded by the European Regional Development Fund and the British Library as part of the Innovating for Growth Start-ups programme – a series of workshops, events and advice clinics, designed to support new business and innovation in London.
If you are unable to see the event listings, please scroll down.
Our funding allows us to offer a free introductory start up seminar. If you have already attended this seminar, the returning fee for one–to-one support is £50.00 inc VAT.
Have you attended one of our workshops ar seminars recently? Please take a few moments of your time to complete our feedback form. Your input is invaluable to us as we continue to build on our existing success.
Non-paying attendees are required to sign a short form. For more information on this, click here.
To enroll on any of the workshops and seminars listed below, please contact,
Lucan Richards on 020 7278 5757 or email: email@example.com